Teaching Owners & Pets
At BratPak, we believe well-behaved dogs are happier and healthier members of your family. Since a dog’s #1 goal in life is to please his/her owner(s), dogs who clearly understand your rules and boundaries will live a more fulfilled life. But it is up to YOU to clearly communicate those rules and boundaries!
That’s why at BratPak, we focus on teaching OWNERS as much as we do the dogs. Our certified trainer goes well beyond traditional “obedience” techniques to give you a better understanding of your dogs’ communication needs, so that you can develop a lifelong relationship based on mutual trust and respect. We utilize a “balanced” training approach, focused on positive reinforcement and using the minimal level of correction required for your individual dog. Unlike many trainers, we don’t take a “cookie cutter” approach to training; instead, we take time to learn and work with each dog’s unique personality and learning style. We offer a variety of training formats to best fit your schedule and training needs, and we look forward to working with you and your best friend.
- Puppy-Garten – These adorable classes are a MUST for puppies 8 to 16 weeks. These sessions are designed specifically to help socialize your bouncy puppy and teach him/her proper play manners, while building a foundation for basic obedience. This class is essential to developing your pup’s confidence and social skills early in life.
- Obedience – This class is a 5-part series built to teach dogs 4 months and older all the essentials of basic obedience. In addition to the basic commands, you’ll be able to refine your communication techniques and maximize your dog’s learning potential. Note: Dogs must be well-socialized and able to focus during class.
- Canine Good Citizen (CGC) – This series builds upon the obedience course to help your dog polish his/her training skills and prepare for the AKC Canine Good Citizen test. The CGC certification is also a crucial first step in working toward therapy dog certification. Note: Dogs must have completed basic obedience training prior to this class.
With this plan, we work one-on-one with you and your dog to develop a customized training plan to teach specific skills and/or to address negative behaviors. Since each dog is different, our approach uses the MINIMUM level of correction required to get results with your dog. When other trainers use one method for all dogs (i.e., e-collars or prong collars), it shows a lack of behavior knowledge and may cause your dog unnecessary trauma. We offer private training sessions either on site, in your home, or at the place of your choosing (e.g., dog park, outdoor café), depending on your training objectives.
|Puppy-Garten||$175 (5-class series)
Call for next class date
|Obedience 1||$175 (5-class series)
Call for next class date
|Private Training||$150/Session (In-Home)
3-PAK for $405 (Save 10%)*
5-PAK for $600 (Save 20%)*
* Multi-pak discounts only available in Livermore, Dublin and Pleasanton
|Open Kamp||$20/Session (owners & dogs in yard; free kafe drink included)
Every other Sunday 9:00AM-Noon (Please arrive before 10:30)
* Must have completed Greeting Test to attend.